Thursday, May 21, 2015

Let us Direct our Children Wisely!

Let us all encourage our youth by directing them wisely! "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

In all those things, Christian women as mothers should be directing their children. However, we seem to be misguided by popular culture and end up guiding them toward what the world covets and not what God covets.  Money! We also demonize our children by telling them that they are great, they are so so special! By doing that, there is no room for God, for His Son in them. They become filled with themselves and being their own savior... and there is no salvation in that. Why? Because, who are they left to reach out? They have only themselves in their special greatness.

Children are told that they are good as they are and for who they are. Really? We, all of us including children, are born into this fallen world, a world filled with the darkness of sin which makes us all from birth sinners... hence; why we need to be born again, born into the Light. We need to recognize our own sinful condition and the sinful condition of the world so that we can forgive the sinner and love the sinner but not the sin because it is not the light which we seek; it is the darkness of selfishness and self condemnation which we desire to be set free from. 

Do not set your children on the course of darkness! Tell them that they are special to God!

 "I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, For I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgement b the truth I have spoken. I do not speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And, I know his commands lead to eternal life." John 12: 46-50

No comments:

Post a Comment