Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Living 'speaking" and "blessing' for God

1 Peter says we must live for God. "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he/she has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he or she should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he or she should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things, God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To hm be the glory and the power for ever and ever Amen!" 1 Peter 4 1-11

We have in the power of our tongue to bless or to curse. Everyday we can be guilty of cursing and not truly beware of doing it let alone the consequences. I am not talking about constructive criticism using a Godly tone, I am talking about criticism that brings someone down. A few posts ago, I criticized women for commiserating. I am God for his forgiveness. I should be blessing women for their strengths and who seek to find support for being strong.

Yet, in reflection, I posted that comment as I do often hear women say things, like "if only my husband would get off his... and do things around here", do it for me as if they are some kind of queen.  I hear husbands too. And I hear mothers and fathers and older parents and grandparents say things that do not bless but curse.

If you are wondering why things are going wrong in your life, think if you have been blessing your loved ones, your job, your friends, or cursing them.  Remember, if anyone speaks, he or she should do it as one speaking the very words of God. And, know that "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. he must run from evil and od good, he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eys of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer ..." 1 Peter 3 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment