Thursday, March 5, 2015

Christian women ...do not work for things that spoil!

Do not work for food that spoils, work for food that will give you eternal life. Give thanks and praise to the Lord Jesus Christ ~ for He is the Bread of Life!
John 6:27

What does that mean? As if we, Christian Americans, living in a materialistic fleshly 'things' oriented world, do not know what that means. I have been to Home Goods, I see how crowded it is with women buying things. We like to think we deserve those things because we worked for them or maybe our husband's did, somehow we deserve them and or need them. We as American Christians think it is just part of our culture to have things; and, to that I can agree as it is the American world; but it is not the Christian world.. it should not be! Yes, there is the culture of being in and of the 'world'. Most Americans have to have things, to want things, and buy things, and to throw away things and buy new things... I hear "I need a new purse to go with those new shoes. I couldn't wear that dress again. Or, what about me, don't I deserve nice things?"

Ask yourself, will those things give you eternal life? If the answer is no, then why are you in the world of things? Don't live in the world 'culture of consumption'. You may be in it, but you don't have to of it.

Do not work for such things. Work for things that do not spoil; work for food '*things' that give you and your family eternal life ~ The Bread that is Jesus Christ.


*things such as relationships with other Christians, and with the Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment