Thursday, January 22, 2015

Most Filth Comes from the Mouth ~ May the Words of my Mouth be Pleasing!

C.S. Lewis wrote that the sin of the flesh is bad but the filth that spews from the mouth is worse.

The Bible reminds us that the one sin that cannot be forgive is blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.
Mark 3:29
In Colossians 3, 'Rules for Holy Living', we can read..." you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator" Col. 3: 5-11.

Jesus himself told us "Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. But the words you speak come from the heart - that's what defiles you."
Matthew 15:17

"I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth..."
Psalm 39: 1

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment