Monday, January 5, 2015

Take and Eat: Food and Faith Go Together!

Everyday we need God's Food, which is His Word. For all of those who pray for health and well being I recommend speaking the Word over yourself and others. "Jesus is the Lord of my life, Sickness and disease have no power over me. I am forgiven and free from Sin and guilt. I am dead to sin and alive unto righteousness." Col 1:21,22. "Jesus bore my sins in His body on the tree; therefore, I am dead to sin and alive unto God and by His stripes I am healed and made whole." 1 Pet. 2:24, Rom. 6:11, 2 Cor. 5:21. "I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony." Rev.12:1
Consuming the Word of God makes us whole. Consuming food is also a part of that consuming of God's Word. There are many scriptures that tell us how important food is to our Creator in His relationship with us. I was just reading "Today in the Word" put out by Moody Bible Institute. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the current issue is about food. The main gist was that though Scripture mentions food, it reaches beyond healthy ingredients and exotic recipes to provide spiritual truths and faith lessons for us. When reading scriptures about food, it is calling us to reach beyond just consuming sustenance. Providing food and eating food in Scripture is about hope, faith, sharing life, sharing one's table, being social, and in that asking God for a better situation or for healing and believing in that; and of course, thanking God for His Blessings. 

All week, I will blog scripture that talks about food from Genesis to Rev. "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you." Genesis 9:3 As... "Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God." Luke 14:15

No comments:

Post a Comment