Tuesday, November 4, 2014

We Learn Obedience From the Things We Suffer

Life is supposed to be difficult.
Hebrews 5:8 "Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him." We learn obedience from things we suffer. There will be suffering and God gives strength to endure, he gives strength to all those who believe Php 4:13.  ... as we look forward to the future. "Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb" Rev. 19:9

We suffer from our sins and in that we learn obedience; at least we should rather than backslide. But, even in that case, the Lord is always there for us if only we reach out to Him.
I am a sinner. I am arrogant and boastful. I am shamed by that and suffer the pain of it being pointed out.
Paul said it best when in his letter to Timothy. I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful...and that I am diligent in my faith, in my belief that Christ Jesus died for my sin. I must persevere in that knowledge. "For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ." Hebrews 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment