Friday, September 5, 2014

Inconvenienced for the sake of others!

Americans don't like being inconvenienced... We like to do what we want to do, in fact we feel that we have the right to do only that which makes us happy. Being a Christian means being inconvenienced for the sake of others. What does that mean? It means extending yourself, going beyond your own imagination of what life should be like. It sounds painful to a lot of people since they immediately think that it means leaving the self behind. It does and does not mean that. It depends on how you accept that extending yourself as a calling, a fulfilling calling.  It means going out of your way to do for others what you would expect others to do for you. Of course, some people say I don't like others doing for me and I don't expect others to do for me. "If my car breaks down, I will just walk, I don't need a ride". Little do they think it could be on a 100 degree August afternoon and on the freeway with limited shoulder space. "I have my own kids to take care of."  Little do they think there could be a day when they are sick and not able to drive their kids to school in the morning."I don't think we would have anything in common, look at the car he drives. Little do they know that he has an awesome slot car track in his basement. "I'd like to host a bible study, but my house is too small." Little do they know that God's house is big enough for everyone.

I am not talking about 'works'. I am talking about paying attention to troubles in your neighbors life, or family members' lives and taking the cross from them when they can't carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment