Monday, September 8, 2014

Everyday Living can be Mundane

Some of us,moms especially, wonder if there is nothing more in life than cooking, cleaning and laundry. The mundane can appear cruel. Think of it as a means of preparation for eternity of enjoying your reward in heaven. We like to imagine that heaven is one big party where we can do everything we want, changing up whenever we feel like it. But, that is not the case. In heaven we will rule as our reward and the amount of ruling will be based on our lives here. If you can do the same ole thing everyday here and rejoice in that, your reward in heaven will be even more wonderful. "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me and I will give to everyone according to what he has done." Rev 22:12 "To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations." Rev 2:26

I know that the everyday can be mundane, but delight in what you have and though you may clean up the same mess a thousand times, do with with a light heart. "I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121

No comments:

Post a Comment