Monday, September 8, 2014

If you Love your Spouse- Be a Dream Supporter

If you love your spouse, your husband, then support his dream. I know so many women who demand that their life, their dreams comes first. I am not saying that a wife's dream about her life and her children's in terms of self satisfaction and future is not important nor am I saying that both spouses, husband and wife, can't simultaneously support each others dreams, she/they can. A Godly woman though should know God's hierarchy (God- husband-wife* see Ephesians 5:22); and when meeting her potential husband, learn what his dream in life is before getting married. What a joy to find out that his dream is (her) your dream too. If his dream is differently from hers and they still pursue marriage, both can support each others' dream; but, that takes a lot of due diligence and sacrifice as in being inconvenienced from time to time of one's own dream pursuit about life in this world.

I knew a dream killer and that was not good for me and my dream. Worse, is that I failed to realize I too was a dream killer; life was not just about me and my comfort zone. It takes a lot of courage to be a 'rock' for someone else. To be the main support, main fan, and or cheerleader before putting one's own agenda/goals first.

If you love your spouse, put aside your dream and let his dreams come true.  It may in fact result in your dreams coming true!

No comments:

Post a Comment