Monday, March 31, 2014

The Plans of the Godly

The plans of the godly are just; the advice of the wicked is treacherous. The words of the wicked are like a murderous ambush, but the words of the godly save lives. The wicked die and disappear, but the family of the godly stands firm. Proverbs 12: 5-7

How to apply that in our life:? I heard a great story today that I think illustrates the above.

A man was on his way home, he was suddenly approach by a young man with a knife. The young man wanted his money. The man (being robbed) said, "here, have my wallet" and he gave it to the young man with the knife. The young man took it and started to run off. Suddenly, the man called out "hey, maybe you need my coat too, its cold outside." The young man came back and asked, "why would you give me your coat?"
The man said to the young man because it is cold outside.  The man then invited the young man to eat with him at a nearby cafe. The young man still puzzled went with the man. They sat down and the man ordered all kinds of food. The man seemed to know everyone at the cafe and he did because it was his favorite cafe to eat at.
The young man said, "how do you know everyone?"
The man told him because I like people just like I like you. The young man asked how could you like me, I just robbed you. The man said because I was once like you. They finished their food and the bill came round. The man said to the young man, "you will have to pay." I don't have any money. The young man smiled and gave back the man's wallet, who then paid for their meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment