Thursday, May 4, 2017

Worldly people ...who are they?

Worldly people like to think that they make the 'right choices'. They like to 'rub' shoulders with or surround themselves with other people/books/philosophies as if those things are the 'right or valued/praised by society things' that they think can or will get them ahead in this fallen world and or bring them favor in any regard. 

And, then when they seem to have success in that kind of thinking and or endeavor, (pleasing themselves by one's initiatives; i.e. he/she is my friend... look they are at my house, I go to their/that church/ we do this/that, and we can provide public account of our actions, I read that book and recommend that book or philosophy - I adhere to that kind of thinking and it has helped me), it 'their success' can be viewed as God's providence toward them but in fact is only their arrogance...

Worldly people look to the world... when someone says that in order to discipline ourselves and our children we should combine positive and negative behavior modifiers... they 'those people' are in the world. Especially if in that same statement they don't mention God Jesus Christ or His Word the Bible. It is truly sad that most have given up to the ways of this world, missing the true healing, forgiveness, the love and peace found in the Word of God!

You cannot serve two masters. If I am truly your Master, you will desire to please Me above all others. If pleasing people is your goal, you will be enslaved to them. People can be harsh task masters when you give them this power over you. If I am the Master of your life, I will also be your First Love. Your serving Me is rooted and grounded in My vast, unconditional Love for you. The lower you bow down before Me, the higher I lift you up into intimate relationship with Me. The Joy of living in My Presence outshines all other pleasures. I want you to reflect My joyous light by living in increasing intimacy with Me. ~ Jesus is Calling- Matthew 6:24; Revelation 2:4; Ephesians 3:16-17 and Psalm 16:11. Sarah Young

No comments:

Post a Comment