Friday, February 19, 2016

Suffering in our Afflictions ~ Growing in Grace!

We learn obedience through that which we suffer. A child of God longs for the Return of Christ and in our longing will suffer afflictions. Trust Him in the midst of them which can make us feel that salvation is not real; yet, He teaches us through affliction that salvation is ours and in that the Holy Spirit causes us to grow.

Rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions ~ COL 1:24.

For that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings being conformed to His death ~ Philippians 3:10.

... to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing so that also at the Revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation ~ 1 Peter 4:13.


No comments:

Post a Comment