Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sin is living in me ~ Message from Paul to the Romans

Romans 7: 15-25 "Sin is living in me...I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no the evil I do not want to do, this I keep on doing. Now, If I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it; but. it is sin living in me that does it. So, I find this law at work; when I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law a work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man/woman I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God it is through Jesus Christ our Lord! 

Being a sinner is a problem of the condition of this world. Being a aware of that is what makes the difference that Paul was trying to convey in his message to the Romans. We recognize our sin 'sinful nature' and we speak our struggle with it, publicly dissing it and demonstrating our struggle to others as Paul was doing; not looking for public affirmation of it and for the legal 'human' right to continue engaging in it.

How to overcome sin? Praise the Lord that Jesus Christ has rescued us from this body of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment