Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hannah's Story ~ Respecting God's Hierarchy

Hannah prayed in her heart and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. 1 Samuel 12 The Lord remembered Hannah's prayer and she conceived and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel "saying, because I asked the Lord for him." 1 Samuel 19:20

After Samuel was weaned, Hannah took the boy with her, young as he was;...she brought him to Eli and she said to him, as surely as you live, my lord I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord. I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So, now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."  Samuel 24-28

Who has your child's heart? The Lord should and Hannah knew this. Also important in respect to Hannah's story is how she prays publicly; quietly.  This respects God's social hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment