Friday, October 6, 2017

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" ~ John 14:6.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one 'individual' comes to the Father except through me ~ John 14:6.

You see, the individual person is of infinite importance. God deals with, saves and judges individuals. The masses have no real essence. Only in The Single Individual can we find the ultimate and absolute truth as Soren Kierkegaard repeatedly asserted; for Kierkegaard the "crowd is untruth". That is why Kierkegaard used the subject of politics to get his point across. It is the best illustration because in politics there is only representation of the masses.

Though that seems fair, it is not perfectly or absolutely fair because in every democratic 'win' there is loss. Not every one is going to be happy or feel justified. Therefore, there is untruth even in a democratic society. Ironically, that is as fair as we can be in this fallen world. That is why, we must remember that politics emphasizes the whole, while Christianity, as proffered by Kierkegaard, emphasizes the individual before God.

Do not expect man's justice to be done...we are to wait in joyful hope that His Kingdom come!  In that time of waiting, we will produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, and faith ~ Galatians 5:22. Our strength to do this comes from Jesus as He said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives" ~ John 14:27.

No comments:

Post a Comment