Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Ruth ~ Humble before the Lord!

Ruth 2: 5-13 ~ 

And Boaz asked the foreman of his harvesters, “Whose young woman is this?”

The foreman answered, “She is the Moabitess who returned with Naomi from the land of Moab. She has said, ‘Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves behind the harvesters.’ So she came out and has continued from morning until now, except that she rested a short time in the shelter.” 

Then Boaz said to Ruth, “Listen, my daughter. Do not go and glean in another field, and do not go away from this place, but stay here close to my servant girls. Let your eyes be on the field they are harvesting, and follow along after these girls. Indeed, I have ordered the young men not to touch you. And when you are thirsty, go and drink from the jars the young men have filled.” 

At this, she fell on her face, bowing low to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you should take notice of me, even though I am a foreigner?” 

Boaz replied, “I have been made fully aware of all you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband, how you left your father and mother and the land of your birth, and how you came to a people you did not know before. May the LORD repay your work, and may you receive a rich reward from the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have taken refuge.” 

“My lord,” she said, “may I continue to find favor in your eyes, for you have comforted and spoken kindly to your maidservant, though I am not like one of your servant girls.” 

Ruth 3: 9-14 ~ 

“Who are you?” he asked.
“I am your servant Ruth,” she replied. “Spread the corner of your garment over me, for you are a kinsman-redeemer. ” Then Boaz said, “May the LORD bless you, my daughter. You have shown more kindness now than before, because you have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. And now do not be afraid, my daughter. 

I will do for you whatever you request, since all my fellow townspeople know that you are a woman of noble character. Yes, it is true that I am a kinsman-redeemer, but there is a redeemer nearer than I. Stay here tonight, and in the morning, if he wants to redeem you, good. Let him redeem you. But if he does not want to redeem you, as surely as the LORD lives, I will. 

Now lie here until morning.” So she lay down at his feet until morning, but she got up before anyone else could recognize her... So she lay at his feet until morning, but got up before anyone could be recognized; and he said, "No one must know that a woman came to the threshing floor"~ Ruth 3:14.

Out of Ruth's modesty and humility, she found favor. So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife ~ Ruth 4:13.

1 comment: