Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Blessing is Jesus Christ!

 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits..." ~ Psalm 103. 

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praises to my God as long as I live. Do not trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in he Lord his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them, the Lord who remains faithful forever..." ~ Psalm 146.

So often we hear people saying "I have God's favor or I have His Blessing". This is not untrue if we mean that His favor, His Blessing is Jesus Christ. There is no other favor or blessing in this fallen world. We do not have good health or wealth or a new house or new car or new job or any good thing as a 'special' blessing or favor in our life in this world. 

Thinking that and teaching that would be blasphemy, that would be against the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is our blessing, He is our favor. Our prosperity is salvation in Him. As we read in Matthew or Peter or in many other scriptures of both the Old and New Testament, this world will come to an end, this we know. It is God's plan. It not His plan to keep this world going, blessing it and favoring anything in it ...except those in Christ the Lord. 

Many well intentioned Christians refer to Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". They think that prosper means to get wealth and whatever they want in this world. It does not. The prosper spoken of here and throughout the Bible is Jesus Christ. For only in Him, do we as Christians have hope and a future. In Him, we have our prosperity. This is a fallen world and the only way to overcome it is through the blood of the Lamb ~ Jesus Christ, He is our Blessing and in Him we find favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment